New scotch for tasting in Wrocław

Octomore 5 years old, Edition:12.3 Super Heavily Peated (118.1 ppm) /62,1%/ – In the early fall of 2021 Bruichladdich Distillery launched the 12th series of their super heavily peated Octomore brand. The release included three 5 years old whiskies, of which Edition 12.3 deserves special attention. Adam Hannett, Bruichladdich master distiller, called it ‘single vintage, single field, single malt’. Octomore 12.3 was distilled in 2015 from the 2014 harvest of 100% Islay grown Concerto barley from Octomore Farm grown by James Brown and malted to phenol specification of 118.1ppm. Three quarters of the spirit (75%) was aged in first fill bourbon barrels, while the remaining 25% in first fill Pedro Ximénez sherry casks (American oak) sourced from bodega Fernando de Castilla. The latter were previously used in traditional solera system (nowadays the common practice is “seasoning” casks with sherry).

Nose: raisins, dried figs and dates wreathed in peat smoke, orange peel, honey, toffee, cocoa powder, vanilla, hints of seaweed and tobacco leaves and whiffs of sea breeze.
Palate: peat smoke, dark chocolate, honey, raisins, smoked plums, dark berries, salted almonds, toffee, black pepper, good cigar, whiffs of sea breeze and charred oak.
Finish: fairly long, with notes of dark chocolate, toffee, honey, dried figs, prunes, dash of pepper and lots of peat smoke.
Order bottle at Dom Whisky Online or in our retail whisky shops in Warsaw, Wrocław or Reda:
#domwhisky #whiskybar #czekamywdomu #wrocław #rzeźnicza28