New peated whisky for tasting in Wrocław

Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 2011 Islay Barley Heavily Peated / 50% / – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte Islay Barley was introduced in 2014 as a follow up to very well received Scottish Barley. The idea was to recreate style of the original Port Charlotte Distillery, which operated next to Bruichladdich from 1829 to 1929. The distillery was able to get commitment from 19 local farmers to grow barley exclusively for the project. The 2011 Vintage was distilled from barley (Oxbridge and Publican varieties) harvested the year before from three Islay farms: Dunlossit, Sunderland and Kilchiaran and malted to specification of 40ppm. The majority of spirit (75%) was aged in first fill American oak barrels, while the remaining 25% in refill Syrah and Merlot wine casks. Port Charlotte Islay Barley 2011 was bottled at 50% abv and without chill filtration in 2018.
Nose: peat smoke, tar, vanilla, white chocolate, peaches, grapes, lemon peel, coconut flakes, green apples and hint of camphor.
Palate: sea breeze and peat smoke, salted caramel, vanilla, baked apples, candied lemon peel, white pepper and touch of oak.
Finish: fairly long, with notes of peat smoke, sea salt, coconut flakes, tobacco and oak.
Buy bottle at Dom Whisky Online or in our whisky shop in Reda, Wejherowska 67.